Project Procurement Manager
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager to work on
an integrated Project Supply Chain Team, led by one of our major
Experience in large Engineering, Procurement, and Construction
Management capital projects on the gulf coast.
Candidates will be expected to work in Houston offices (Energy
Corridor), with potential mobilization to jobsite for year 3 & 4 in
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from
Wood is required
Responsible for the execution of project procurement operations and
coordination of interface activities with other project team
members in accordance with applicable company and project
requirements, systems, procedures, budgets, and schedules.
Basic understanding of the client's head contract requirements
including Wood responsibilities and the subsequent development of
the project contracting strategies. Has working knowledge of
commercial terms and conditions, interfaces with Wood
legal/commercial experts, and can initiate/discuss exceptions to
reach a robust commercial agreement.
Reports progress of all activities for which they are personally
responsible. Update reports/systems with required information to
allow accurate reporting and highlights any critical issues and
risks to direct supervision.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of all supply chain
activities for the area they are responsible for.
- Provides guidance, direction, and support to the reporting
personnel in delivery of their specific responsibilities.
- Provides guidance, direction, and support to all relevant
stakeholders on both Woods and the suppliers specific contractual
obligations and responsibilities.
- Establish and manage the project / procurement status report
(PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and
current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the project
- Establish and chair regular PSR meetings with client,
procurement, engineering and/or project management personnel to
ensure dates for pre-order deliverables are being maintained.
- Establishes priorities, assigns workloads, and reviews the more
difficult and complex aspects of the supply chain workload.
- Carry out Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management
ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
- Ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and procedures
are complied with and all actions are fully auditable.
- Ensures that supply chain team have a clear understanding of
their role, supply chain processes and procedures and provides
guidance, direction, and support.
- Act as a role model and champion Woods vision, values, and
- Act as a role model to embed the Financial Management Framework
across the business.
- Implement robust performance management and development plans
for the team, ensuring any gaps are addressed and development and
succession planning is managed effectively.
- Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets
as per business plan.
- Implementation of global/regional/country initiatives as per
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience in executing EPC projects with local and remote
resources, and utilization of global low-cost execution
- Familiarity of Category Management, Master Agreements, and
- Experience in executing projects utilizing robust material
management ERP systems such as AVEVA, SmartPlant, and SAP.
- Experience in negotiating complex terms and conditions and
establishing commercial strategies.
- Successful history of leading and executing large complex EPC
projects ($500 million USD+ materials & equipment spend), in a
Project Procurement Manager capacity
- Experience with managing purchasing teams for a large volume of
material and equipment purchase orders (200+ orders), and
familiarity with field purchasing for indirect materials and
- Strong understanding of the Transportation & Logistics, and
Supplier Quality Inspection functions.
- Ability to travel domestically and globally as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years' Procurement experience demonstrating results
and progression to a similar position.
- Detailed understanding of key contracting procurement concepts,
principles, and terms and conditions.
- Basic knowledge of commercial position imposed by Head
- Ability to undertake complex commercial evaluations and
- Familiarity with industry Supply Chain principles and
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and
- High degree of initiative
- Maintains a strong network both within and outside of supply
- Positively maintains relationships with subcontractors, clients
and other disciplines
- Planning and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving skills
- Work as part of project execution team
- Identify efficiency, process and tool improvement opportunities
and successful drive through change
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Houston , Project Procurement Manager, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!