Company: PCL Construction
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie
in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building
better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not
just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you
build a career you're proud of.
Here's how a(n) Estimator for our US PICCo office contributes to
- Takes ownership of entire small estimates or components of
large estimates and reviews all associated bid documents.
- Completes quantity takeoffs of labor, equipment, and materials
from project documents for self-perform and trade work.
- Supports lead estimator by completing material quantities,
planning and populating tender forms, generating requests for
information and anticipating proposal and scope requirements.
- Applies material unit prices or allowances and base labor
productivities to the estimate.
- Assists with bid document control and documenting, organizing,
and archiving all information relating to the estimate for
successful transfer to the project team.
- Supports a lead bid runner and submitting tenders on
- Documents all information relating to the estimate and archives
and organizes such information to transfer to the project team upon
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with all
stakeholders including lead estimator, lead bid runner, subtrade
partners and suppliers.
- Solicits competitive pricing from subtrade partners and
suppliers for pursuit support.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in related discipline or trade
experience or equivalent.
- 2 years of progressive experience in construction cost
estimating or related field experience is preferred.
- Successfully led pursuits valued at up to $10 million in
various delivery methods.
- General construction knowledge; understands specifications,
drawings, materials, and methods and procedures.
- Familiar with different delivery methods: hard bid, guaranteed
maximum price GMP), unit price, design-build, target prices, and
- Introductory knowledge of key principles involved in bid
preparation, including quantity takeoff procedures and systems,
subtrade partner procurement, interdepartmental functions, pricing,
compensation models, expense philosophy and bid-closing
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with
stakeholders including the ability to solicit subtrade partners and
- Working knowledge of estimating software and Microsoft Office
Suite, with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people
who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great
work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities
that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of
vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently
ranked among the best companies to work for because we are
committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable
opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and
applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a
comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. Any salary
range displayed by a job board is an estimate. Your salary, which
considers your unique qualifications and experience, is just one
component of the robust total rewards you'll enjoy at PCL. This may
include an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual
performance bonus, comprehensive benefits and wellness programs,
retirement plan plus matching, and career development programs.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process,
please contact us at ...@pcl.com with the position and location you
are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Industrial Construction Co.
Primary Location: Houston, Texas, Katy, Texas
Requisition: 2450 Associated topics: account, analysis, analyst,
bid, cost, estimate, estimator, financial analyst, quote,
Keywords: PCL Construction, Houston , Estimator, Professions , Spring, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!