Lead Lactation Consultant RN
Company: The Woman's Hospital of Texas
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description Do you want to be a part of a family and not just
another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where
diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and
find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We value your
contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our
teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse
- Lead Lactation Consultant to join our family. Come be a part of
the change! We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program and employee stock purchase program, and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity. The Woman's Hospital of Texas - Houston, TX
Registered Nurse - Lactation Consultant Since 1976, The Woman's
Hospital of Texas has been the state's premier facility dedicated
to the health and well-being of women, newborns and children. The
hospital's 397 beds offers expertise and outstanding care in breast
health, imaging, gynecology, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy,
neonatology, minimally-invasive surgery and pediatric care. The
Woman's Hospital of Texas is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Education, the
Lactation Consultant is responsible and accountable for individual
Lactation Consultant practice and, when applicable, appropriately
delegates and supervises tasks to provide optimum patient
- Collaborates with all disciplines to enhance clinical outcomes,
reduce length of stay, improve resource utilization and ensure
- Serves as a clinical resource and consultant for issues related
to patient care for patients, physicians, staff and the
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and
to continue personal and professional growth congruent with ILCA
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving
patient's health care goals through patient assessment, planning
and implementation of Lactation Consultant interventions and
evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance
improvement activities on the unit and with other service
- Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care
- Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the
patient as number one.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time
management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to
protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate
compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and
uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of
social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicates effectively with other care providers (physicians,
nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for
continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance,
punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude,
personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and
practice ethically and with integrity. Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred.
- IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant)
- BLS certification
- One year recent clinical and education experience preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of MostAdmired Companies for
three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune500 list.
In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
EthicalCompanies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'dlove to hear from you. If you find this opportunity
compelling, weencourage you to apply. We promptly review all
applications. If you are highlyqualified you will hear from one of
our recruiters. We are activelyinterviewing so apply today! We are
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ourcompany. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
nationalorigin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, ordisability status.
Keywords: The Woman's Hospital of Texas, Houston , Lead Lactation Consultant RN, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!