Specialist - Building Tech
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Kinder Morgan, Inc. is one of the largest energy infrastructure
companies in North America. We own an interest in or operate
approximately 84,000 miles of pipelines and 157 terminals. Our
pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude
oil, condensate, CO2 and other products, and our terminals trans
load and store liquid commodities including petroleum products,
ethanol and chemicals, and bulk products, including petroleum coke,
metals and ores.
* The Technical Building Specialist is a member of a team
responsible for operating, monitoring, and maintaining the physical
plant and related equipment of a metropolitan high rise office
buildings. Some of the critical equipment includes a chilled water
system to a data center, backup generators, and building life
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Operates and monitors the Building Automation Systems.
* Conduct routine rounds of the buildings to inspect equipment.
* Responds to after-hours emergencies.
* Performs preventive maintenance on various equipment in
accordance with the maintenance schedules.
* Monitor, retrieve, and complete work orders from the building
work order system.
* Operate and maintain chilled water systems to include chillers,
circulating pumps, cooling towers, boilers, generators, and related
* Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair air handler units, exhaust
fans, supply fans, and related equipment.
* Operates and tests generators and electrical distribution
* Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time
management and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining
* Motivated to take on other duties as assigned.
* Inspects and evaluates all building systems in order to minimize
energy waste and promote energy conservation.
* Tracks and reviews all building system permits.
* Includes rotating shift assignments
* High school diploma or G.E.D.
Experience / specific knowledge:
* 5+ Years building engineer experience.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
* Third Grade Stationary Engineers license from the City of
Houston, CFC Certification.
* Successful candidate must obtain a First Grade Stationary
Engineers license within 12 months of hire date.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
* Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, Electrical, and
building automation systems.
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
concepts, standards and instruction to others. Ability to build and
sustain interpersonal relationships. Functional knowledge of the
following building systems: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing,
Building Automation Systems, Life Safety Systems, Emergency Power
Systems, Structural Systems.
* Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical blueprints and
* Physical requirement to include stooping, standing, climbing, and
frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools,
ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
* Wear safety equipment during the performance of duties.
* Work in a high rise office building.
* Work involves exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme
temperatures, dust, fumes, and loud noises.
* Work environment involves some exposure to hazardous chemicals or
physical risks, which require following basic safety
* Ability to work overtime.
* Work in confined spaces, ceiling, crawl spaces, and mechanical
* Must be willing to work a rotating shift.
* Maintain a high regard for personal safety and ability to stop
unsafe work, for the safety of company assets and employees, and
the general public.
* Carry a company-provided cell phone/radio and be available to
responding during working hours, and occasionally during
* Ability to provide adequate customer service to tenants in the
Above the minimum requirements; not required bur advantageous in
* Experience in a Class A high rise office building
* BOMA certificate
* Maintenance Electrician License
Kinder Morgan Offers:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Medical/Rx and Dental Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Program
- Paid Bus Pass or Parking
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Houston , Specialist - Building Tech, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!