Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Company: The HEICO Companies, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
National Strand is part of the Metals Processing Group which
produces steel wire and cable/wire related products that serve many
industries, and wholly owned by The Heico Companies, LLC. The
independent business model fosters entrepreneurship and growth and
allows professional development at all levels. Our philosophy of
developing a close customer contact to provide prompt, responsive
service and to meet our customer's changing needs allows us to be
leaders within our respective industries. Products are marketed
domestically through a direct sales force, manufacturer's
representatives, and an established network of independent
distributors. Our company is diverse and has a solid management
base, product/market niches and efficient manufacturing
capabilities. The Position The shipping clerk will assist the
shipping manager in preparing product for outbound deliveries in an
efficient, safe, and timely manner. Supporting duties to include,
but not limited to, organization of assigned inventory locations,
preparing shipping documents, working with scheduling and customer
service to ensure on time deliveries goals are met, and contacting
carriers when necessary to ensure shipment process flow is
uninterrupted. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other
similar type operating platform is highly desirable. Job
--- Obtain and process product orders, including receiving
deliveries, registering them, and distributing packages and letters
within the company.
--- Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments.
--- Assists the shipping manager in preparing product for outbound
deliveries in an efficient, safe, and timely manner.
--- Supporting duties to include, but not limited to, organization
of assigned inventory locations, preparing shipping documents,
working with scheduling and customer service to ensure on time
deliveries goals are met, and contacting carriers when necessary to
ensure shipment process flow is uninterrupted.
--- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other similar type
operating platform is highly desirable.
--- Assist team members in staging of orders so that loading times
and material handling mistakes are minimized.
--- Be an active contributor to the safety culture of the facility
and promote positive work experiences.
--- Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for
requested categories including goods returned, dunnage, and
--- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer
orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are
provided to accounting or other associated departments as
--- Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or
--- Prepares bills of lading and dray tickets for shipments.
--- Completes information on damage claims for in-transit
- Trouble shoots shipping issues and customer complaints that
arise and work to solve them.
--- Schedule large shipments and plan logistics to ensure that
there is sufficient storage space for incoming items and staff on
hand to manage the shipments.
--- Handle issues arising in shipping or inventory handling.
--- Ensure adherence to environmental management and systems.
- Other duties as assigned. Job Requirements Required
- A Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items
- Basic understanding of railway, dock, and warehouse
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or inventory
software to maintain records, input data, and create reports.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar position. Competency:
to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
- Interpersonal - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking through the
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
- Visual acuity to inspect products and machinery.
Keywords: The HEICO Companies, LLC, Houston , Shipping and Receiving Clerk, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!