Instructor, Electrical Technology
Company: San Jacinto College
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Instructor, Electrical Technology - North
- Keeps up with developments in the field of study.
- Demonstrates high standards-academic and professional.
- Evaluates student work constructively and provides timely
- Teaches at times and locations that meet student needs.
- Provides access to students through posted conference hours,
electronic communications, and other appropriate methods and
responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning
- Develops and uses a syllabus and course information materials
for each course, laboratory, or clinical setting within state,
college, and departmental guideline. Professional Development:
- Maintains high standards of competence in the discipline(s) and
teachingmethodologies through professional development
- Plans, develops, and uses effective teaching methods and
materials which assist students in meeting course objectives, are
appropriate for students with diverse educational and experiential
backgrounds and learning styles, and engage the students in
- Reviews, evaluates, reflects, and revises program curricula and
teaching methods through a self-evaluation process of self-
- Meets or exceeds professional standards, state-mandated
guidelines, requirements of business/industry, and higher
education, as appropriate to the discipline. Service:
- Actively participates in college meetings and/or committees,
task forces, and councils.
- Participates in college-related activities such as
registration, community education, recruitment of students, student
retention, and faculty selection.
- Participates in college activities for students/student
organizations to aid in retention.
- Participates in business and community activities that foster
goodwill and promote the mission and values of the college.
- Participates in activities required to maintain program and
college accreditation standards.
- Participates in setting departmental goals, in developing
college budgets that support the goals, and in planning for
achieving those goals.
- Promotes and maintains departmental affiliation agreements and
other partnerships with other institutions. Marginal Job Functions:
- May be required to teach evening and/or weekend
classesKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of NFPA-70 National Electrical Code
- Computer literacy, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or
- Ability to use and teach common electrical instruments
(Multimeter, megger, cable tester, etc.)
- Ability to safely use and teach common electrician's power and
hand tools Required Education:
- Associates of Applied Science in Electrical Technology or
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Technology or
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field of electrical
maintenance and/or construction.
- An active TDLR Electrician LicenseSalary Grade: BACHSalary is
based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal
year. See Salary ScheduleRequisition Number: req4123Posting Close
Date: 2/17/2023 Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: San Jacinto College, Houston , Instructor, Electrical Technology, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!