Analyst Ops Data Mgmt
Company: Occidental Petroleum
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Analyst Ops Data Mgmt - 00029421 Occidental Petroleum
Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration
and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North
American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil
and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more
than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset
has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an
experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Data
Analyst within our Project Execution Data Management group in
Houston, TX. Responsibilities:
- Provide data solutions, operational support, and analysis
across business units and functional teams within Oxy as part of
the Onshore data management organization.
- Identify and resolve data issues in source systems.
- Manage and lead technical projects involving solution
development or process improvement from inception to completion
with minimal supervision.
- Develop tools and techniques for improving data reliability,
efficiency, and quality
- Advise and contribute to establishment of enterprise data
governance policies and procedures
- Implement Testing, build, and version control concepts and best
- Support and enhance reports and tools developed and maintained
within the Data Management organization.
- Reverse engineer and reconstruct existing solutions and reports
written by other employees
- Integrate new data management technologies and software
engineering tools into existing structures
- Provide data, information, and technical support to
engineering, geoscience, operations, and management staff.
- Communicating comfortably with stake holders and other
- Initiate and effectively manage communication and collaboration
with a broad array of business and IT personnel.
- Assist less experience coworkers with queries and other
- Provide training, best practices sharing, and mentoring to
others, as needed.
- Adopt and promote technologies and methodologies being pushed
down across the data management organization. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field strongly preferred. Can substitute formal education with
demonstrated advanced coding techniques and relevant work
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience building and supporting
data, integration, and analytics solutions. -
- Basic understanding of oil and gas operations.
- Working knowledge of database management applications such as
SQL Server Management Studio and TOAD
- Strong grasp of the SQL language from the aspect of Data
Definition and Data Modification commands.
- Clear understanding of database terminologies such as schemas,
tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions, indexes, primary
keys, foreign keys, unions, and joins.
- Proficient at writing complex queries utilizing various types
of joins, functions, and common table expressions
- Understanding database and schema/table level permissions,
rights, and security.
- Proficient at extracting, manipulating, correcting, and
analyzing data (Access, Excel and Spotfire)
- Familiarity with SharePoint sites and SharePoint lists.
- Experience developing reports and visualizations in business
intelligence tools such as Spotfire, Power BI, SSRS
- Experienced with using MS Power Platform (Power Automate,
Flows, and Apps) to automate processes and capture user data.
- Experience in implementing extract, transform and data load
processes using and ETL tool such as SSIS, FME, Azure Data Factory,
or any other application.
- Familiarity with Project management methodologies
- General knowledge of cloud computing technologies and
- Basic Knowledge of Machine learning or Predictive analytics
concepts and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Oil and Gas operations and upstream
E&P experience highly preferred.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on projects and requests with minimal
supervision and oversite.
- Enjoys the challenge of figuring things out
- Can work on ambiguous unstructured requests.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and orchestrate multiple
activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Ability to adapt to change in a continuously evolving
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve common
goals and positive results.
- Willing to think out of the box and propose more efficient
- Desire to learn new technologies and processes being promoted
by the data management organization. Occidental does not offer
sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for
this role. Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Occidental Petroleum, Houston , Analyst Ops Data Mgmt, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!