Station Cargo Handler
Company: AmeriJet International
Posted on: March 20, 2023
SUMMARYThe Cargo Handler drives a fork-lift to load/Un-load
freight from customer and company trucks. - Assist customers with
loading/un-loading freight from their cars and moving freight onto
and off skids. - Assist with loading ocean containers and over the
road trucks, hand loading boxes as needed. - -ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES -include the following, but not limited to: -
- Lift up to 75lb boxes repeatedly and relocating them to
appropriate locations, shrink wrapping skids and labeling
- Position requires throwing, bending, standing, pulling, and
reaching for various physical tasks.
- Follow instructions received by any member of the management
- Work in a timely and efficient speed due to truck schedule's
- Convey materials from storage or work sites to designated
- Lift heavy objects by hand or forklift, clean work area,
machines, and equipment.PERFORMANCE STANDARDS/MEASUREMENTS;
- Ensure meeting of productivity standards established.
- Meet company attendance policy.
- Maintain performance levels as specified.
-QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION: -
- Highschool or GED but not required
- Driver license required -REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: -
- Knowledge of warehouse safety procedures.REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: -
- Forklift experience is a plus
- Warehouse experience is a plusSKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Must be familiar with computer programs although some training
will be offered. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Must have a customer service background.
- Self-starter attitude is required, must be able to work
effectively with minimal to no supervision
- Must have good attention to detail, this includes continuously
monitoring shipments from the point of receipt to delivery.PHYSICAL
ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:Job duties include but
are not limited to lifting, pulling, pushing, grasping, twisting
(including wrists), reaching below and overhead, standing for long
periods, squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and
lifting heavy items. Warehouse climate conditions are subject to
change without notice. - - -Mental, visual, and auditory acuity
necessary to work with or near moving mechanical parts (i.e.,
cooler, dock equipment), in high, precarious places (i.e., ladder
work), and cold/hot climate conditions. Ability to work in moderate
and loud noise environments including, but not limited to
computers, human voices, sound systems, and machinery.
-TRAVELNegligibleACKNOWLEDGMENTThe above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of work -performed in this position.
These statements are not to be construed -as an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of an employee in
this -position. Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. reserves the
right to request that other tasks be performed when -warranted (for
example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload,
-corporate reorganization, or technical development). Amerijet
International Airlines, Inc. also reserves the right to revise this
job description.AAP/EEO STATEMENTAmerijet International Airlines,
Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and
will consider all qualified applicants without regards to race,
color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected
factors under federal, state or local law.Any applicant requiring
assistance with our online application process or who needs and
accommodation for the application process due to a disability
should contact (954) 320-5391.
Keywords: AmeriJet International, Houston , Station Cargo Handler, Professions , Humble, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...