Sr. Application Support Analyst
Company: Infinity Consulting Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
TITLE: Sr. Application Support Analyst
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is a major player in the Physical and Financial Global Commodity markets, with major trading centers in London, Geneva, Houston, Singapore, Shanghai, and Beijing. We actively trade in all the major commodity asset classes, from Crude and Refined oil products to power & gas, coal, and emissions, through to freight, metals, and agricultural products.
We operate a global diversified technology team across key hubs such as Geneva, London, Houston, and Singapore, while operating in close partnership with some strategic co-development centers in Bucharest, Bangalore, and Hyderabad. All running an Agile delivery model in unison with our business partners to deliver multi-asset-class commodity systems, with a focus on automation, user experience, innovation, and control.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the largest integrated energy and commodity trading companies in the world. We are looking for a hands-on senior technologist with exposure in the commodities industry who is passionate about technology and has experience supporting enterprise-wide systems. The successful candidate is adept at partnering with end-users to log issues, analyses issues, provide tactical/strategical solutions and ultimately deliver tangible business value & benefit. This role will report into the Head of Application Support - North America working on different business systems critical for the trading life cycle.
- Supporting of Commodity Trading and live position applications during trading hours.
- Support of CTRM and connected upstream/downstream applications for Intraday and End of day activities.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure that time-critical batch steps run. This may involve root cause analysis of issues and taking appropriate corrective actions (fixing curves, excluding deals/portfolios etc.).
- Monitor applications availability and report issues pro-actively.
- Communicate with clients/vendors as required: inform/chase for incident progress, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Good organizational skills in managing issues, projects and communicating to the stake holders.
- Fast turnaround of client requests.
- Log and prioritize tickets in the ticketing system.
- Work with the Service Desk to ensure requests are routed to appropriate resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require 3rd level support.
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction.
- 5 years of work experience in IT industry.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in energy trading domain.
- Must have experience of working on trading floor and supporting traders during peak hours.
- Must have knowledge of OpenLink Endur system (North American Gas and Power)
- Working knowledge of Endur OpenJVS programming.
- Good experience with CTRM Application support including upstream/downstream systems. (E.g. Understands business workflow, trade life cycle and operations)
- Working knowledge of ISO power markets and FTR trade booking
- Must have business knowledge of North American Gas and Power trade life cycle.
- Programming skills using JAVA or .Net or any programming language.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues related to programs in Java, .Net or any other programming language.
- Understanding of databases and analyzing SQL scripts.
- Should be able to support team members in different geographical regions.
- Motivated and willing to learn and work on different systems 3rd party and in-house developed
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills to interact with various stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ability to work under intense pressure and manage/prioritize multiple requests/projects independently.
- Analytical and critical thinking with ability to problem solve complex issues
- Self-motivated, able to multitask and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with geographically distributed team.
- Adapt to changes quickly and communicate effectively.
- Flexible to work shift patterns on rota.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TITLE: Sr. Application Support Analyst
Keywords: Infinity Consulting Solutions, Inc., Houston , Sr. Application Support Analyst, Professions , Houston, Texas
here to apply!