Maintenance Make Ready/Porter
Company: The Lynd Company
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Maintenance Make Ready, Porter, Groundskeeper reports to the
Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Make
Ready-Porter is required to perform various job duties based on
business needs, to include preparation of vacant apartments for
market-ready, and responsible for the overall appearance of the
property grounds, models, and vacant units.
- Receives make-ready assignments; gathers all necessary tools,
equipment, and supplies needed to make an apartment unit available
- Trashes out the unit for make ready; makes sure a move-out form
is approved and signed.
- Confirms with Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor items
left to be thrown out belonging to previous residents, not
belonging in the apartment unit.
- Evaluates carpet and vinyl; shampoos carpet/vinyl and discusses
with supervisor(s) replacing carpet/vinyl flooring if needed.
- Checks air conditioning unit, heating unit, water heater, and
all appliances; makes minor repairs if needed; contacts Maintenance
Supervisor for more extensive repairs or replacements.
- Paint interior apartments, occasionally perform light exterior
painting. Polishes and varnishes cabinets and other woodwork as
needed. Repairs holes in walls, perform painting duties, checks to
caulk, and applies where needed.
- Repairs or replaces baseboards or trim as needed. Checks all
doors and windows and re-keys all locks.
- Shampoos carpets (when equipment is available).
- Responds to service calls, on-call, fire watch, or other
after-hour efforts as required.
- Performs pool maintenance and landscape duties as needed,
including pressure washing and cleaning.
- Required to pick up grounds every workday, water grounds and
flower beds, empty pool area trash cans, and clean pool(s).
- Sweeps, office front porch, parking areas, around dumpster
areas, halls, and breezeways, around pool areas, and rearranges
- Maintains correct chemical levels (Certified Pool Operator
Certification Required), inventory pool, and ground supplies,
informs supervisors when running low.
- Inform Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor of mechanical
or structural problems with pools or spas.
- Distribute door-to-door newsletters and resident notices.
- Offer suggestions for preventative maintenance and more
efficient operations. Reports physical problems observed to the
next level supervisor.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other
employees, displays a friendly and courteous attitude towards
residents and co-workers.
- Ensures safe work practices are being followed. Always
represents the company in a professional manner.
- Always displays a friendly and courteous attitude with other
employees, maintains and promotes a good mood. Never confront a
supervisor or other employee in front of residents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of
the community. SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Prior make-ready work at a residential property.
- Familiar with federal, state, and jurisdictional laws and
regulations concerning multi-family housing and Fair Housing.
- Ability to understand basic instructions and skills in using
basic hand tools.
- Ability to perform basic electrical, plumbing, painting,
carpentry, and landscaping.
- Knowledge of safety procedures.
- Ability to assess repairs and replacement parts in a vacant
apartment to make it available for leasing/rent.
- Ability to perform physical labor, regularly lifts, carriers,
or moves objects of weight 25+ pounds.
- Maybe required to provide own (industry-specific) tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- At least one year of experience of doing similar duties is
Keywords: The Lynd Company, Houston , Maintenance Make Ready/Porter, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...