Territory Manger III
Company: Westlake Chemical
Posted on: May 27, 2023
The Territory Manager III will plan, implement and guide sales strategies and activities in order to help achieve targets for growth and profitability. Provide effective coaching, development and leadership to regional sales teams. In addition, this position will assist in exceeding the service expectations from key customers of Company, i.e. masons, contractors, builders and distributors throughout the assigned sales region.
* Comply with company safety policies and procedures
* Provide coaching, guidance, and leadership to sales reps to enable them to sell Company's products and services in their assigned territory to achieve targets/quotas and their territory plan objectives.
o Provide input into and regional business plans objectives and assist in developing of territory plans.
i. Ensure territory plans are aligned with marketing and sales strategies.
o Assist sales reps with acquiring in-depth technical knowledge and product knowledge in order to effectively communicate and sell the value and benefits of manufactured stone veneer systems.
o Assist sales reps in resolving customer complaints in accordance with policy.
* Responsible for recruiting, training, and developing sales personnel for assigned region.
* Manage the region and territories to grow revenue and profitability, establish priorities, and allocate resources accordingly.
o Develop regional business plans based on analysis of Company's strategic plan and sales rep territory plans.
* Provide input and direction on customer targeting, customer profiling, and pricing.
o Be well versed in customers' business operations and their need for products, intangibles, personnel and customers.
* Collaborate in establishing customer solicitation and promotion programs in order to meet sales objectives.
o Support sales reps in participating in local building and trade events.
Business Development Management
* Develop intimate knowledge and understanding of customers' business, the key decision makers and understanding of Company's customers' business, the key decision makers and what drives their purchasing behaviors.
o Identify opportunities to grow business in the assigned region.
* Maintain positive customer relations by visiting customers as required and reviewing product and servicing problems.
o Implement appropriate corrective actions according to established policies and procedures.
* On a timely basis, prepare and submit sales reports and forecasts.
* In conjunction with the Plant Manager and Supply Chain Management, control inventories and finished goods to optimize customer orders and assets.
* Coordinate with accounting personnel to keep customer accounts receivable current.
* Operate regional business with a given expense budgetary limit.
* All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong proven ability to grow sales territory coupled with strong knowledge of building products and components
* Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Strong work ethic with leadership aptitude and an organized, results oriented style
* Problem solving and decision-making capabilities
* Planning and prioritizing skills
* Strong desire to expand knowledge, skills and experience
* Understanding of finance, accounting and budgeting principles
* Ability to interpret data obtained from lead generation, market/industry research, and other reports
* Proficient with and Microsoft Office software required, SAP enterprise software desired
* Communicate effectively and tactfully with customers, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone
* Organize and schedule work effectively
* Enthusiastic, Team-Player
* Work independently and in a fast-paced environment
* Handle confidential information
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 3 - 5 years' experience in functional role
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
* Complete repetitive movements such as typing
* Lift/move/transport items up to 25 pounds
* Ability to move or traverse about the facilities
* Prolong sitting in stationary position for up to eight hours per work day
* Ability to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances, and in various environmental conditions
* Wear all required personal protective equipment (hearing, vision and hardhat protection)
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities or may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Westlake Management Services, Inc. is proud to offer equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants to join our company and to succeed as members of our team regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Westlake Chemical, Houston , Territory Manger III, Professions , Houston, Texas
here to apply!