Electrical Project Engineer
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Jot Title: Electrical Project EngineerLocation: Houston, TXWe
are currently seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join our
team in Houston, TX. As an Electrical Project Engineer, you will be
responsible for the successful delivery of small to medium size
building projects, or working as part of a large team responsible
for an area on major projects, including developing concepts and
producing the design.You have:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering degree.
- Licensed PE.
- LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred.
- Experience in delivering projects over $20m and up to $80m in
- 5 years project engineering experience, from design development
to opening, with one completed high profile project included in the
- Experience in working in integrated teams.
- Experience in design and delivery of LEED Silver or higher
- Experience with architecturally significant buildings is a
- Experience with potential project types in commercial,
corporate, institutional and civic, justice, aviation, science &
technology and healthcare sectors.
- Experience with complex analysis tools for electrical
- Experience with architecturally significant buildings, controls
and commissioning, central plants, multi-emergency generator
systems, and mission critical buildings a plus.
- Ability to engineer and deliver projects between $20m to $80m
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in
written form, with an understanding of industry communication
- Set, monitor and deliver to budgets.
- Strong project management skills for the particular
- Ability to understand multi-disciplinary coordination
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and technicians.
- Able to work creatively to reach solutions to complex
- Proficiency with Revit.
- Design of medium, and low voltage systems.
- Design of electrical systems for small complex buildings.
- Design of Fire Alarm and Life Safety systems for small complex
- Look for ways to improve Electrical Engineering design and
- Look for new trends in Electrical Engineering design and how to
apply them to our projects.
- 10% time devoted to Project Management and Technical
- Project management tasks shall include project manpower
estimates, project communications, budget monitoring and inputs,
organizing deliverables, setting project standards for
- Development of typical details, specifications, and drawing
standards, including development of Revit standards in coordination
with the BIM team.
- Keeping abreast of industry and technology changes and trends,
and recommend changes in approach and services as appropriate.
- Improvement of analytic processes and documentation, common
solutions, and critical solutions.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- 90% time devoted to the engineering of projects, particularly
large or complex projects.
- Responsibility for the project engineering of small to medium
sized projects (less than $80m in construction cost) from concept
and schematic design through construction documents to construction
- Responsibility for the project engineering of segments of large
(over $100m) projects, supporting a Senior Project Engineer.
- Provide design inputs and reviews of other engineers'
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client
contact with current or prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible
solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- Perform site visit surveys to determine engineering strategies
for renovation, and to document and evaluate existing systems.
- Visit project sites during construction for reviews of quality,
progress, and compliance with specifications and standards.
- Project reviews at all stages of design
- Responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of the
projects to budget.
- Seeks input from more senior staff on technical matters to
improve the overall project.
- As needed, provide support to business development, including
write-up of key aspects of projects and presentation of work at
industry events, and prepare fee estimates and assumptions for
Electrical Engineering on potential projects.
- Efficiency and profitability of the Engineering Discipline in
that office or region and its contributions to firm-wide
- Quality of design solutions, as measured by level of
integration, unique solutions, achieving high sustainability goals,
and recognition by peers as excellence.
- The quality of work produced, as measured by completeness of
design, absence of change orders and client satisfaction.
- Cohesiveness of the discipline team, as evidenced by ease and
amount of work share, consistency of quality and delivery tools and
standards, including drawings and specifications, and team
- Client repeat business.
- Contributions to bringing in new work.
Keywords: WayUp, Houston , Electrical Project Engineer, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...