Purchasing Receiving Clerk
Posted on: May 27, 2023
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel is seeking an experienced Receiver to join our
hotel team. The Receiver will be responsible for receiving and
recording all in-coming products while maintaining accountability
of such items in the property purchasing software systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies incoming deliveries against purchase orders; directs
trucks into docks and check loads for infestation and
- Verify actual product against receiving documents, confirming
product integrity, and checking product temperatures as
- Complete receiving data entry in the purchasing software
- Delivers incoming product to applicable departments.
- Performs general warehouse functions; outlet requisition
movement, stocking, and rotating product.
- Must maintain clean and sanitary operating environment;
responsible for maintaining cleanliness of receiving area including
loading dock, receiving office area, and storeroom.
- Inform Director of Purchasing and Buyer in the event of any
returns, shortages, or no show deliveries immediately.
- Inspect food quality at time of receipt; logging in all
required temp. Anything questionable must be approved by F&B
Management or the Director of Purchasing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal
effectively with guests, colleagues, and vendors, while working
under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Physical demands: Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis,
and prolong extended periods of standing.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions contributing to
- Must be able to work in frequent exposure to changes in
- Must be literate and able to communicate in English and on a
five star level when dealing with colleagues and vendors.
- Certified and experienced in using common warehouse equipment
such as manual and electric pallet jacks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 2 years prior warehouse experience, preferably in
the hospitality or food service industry.
- Experience and knowledge of Oracle software system
- Hotel opening experience preferred.
- Knowledge in and or experience with Forbes 5 Star service
standards is preferred.
- Food Handler Safety certification card required.
What we offer you:
- Unparalleled training and development programs
- Generous employee discounts on dining, retail, amusements and
- Flexible schedules
- Multiple benefit plans to suit your needs
- Paid time off or paid sick leave (based on location)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Community volunteer opportunities with Landry's League
- Positive and respectful work environment where diversity is
Keywords: Landry's, Houston , Purchasing Receiving Clerk, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...