Maintenance Technician Weekends PRN
Company: Houston Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Houston Behavioral Healthcare Hospital (HBHH) is unique in so
many ways. Our facility is located in a serene, picturesque setting
within the Spring Branch District of West Houston. We have highly
qualified caring staff ready to provide exceptional service.
Houston Behavioral Healthcare Hospital (HBHH) currently has an
opening for PRN weekends and as needed Maintenance Technician. The
maintenance technician will report to the Director of Plant
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building
systems operate efficiently and that the physical condition of
buildings do not deteriorate.
- On call will be split between maintenance technician(One week
on call, one week off).
- Climbing, ability to ascend descend ladders, stairs,
scaffolding, ramps using feet, legs, hands and arms.
- Body agility is important. Maintaining bodily equilibrium to
prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow,
slippery or erratically moving surfaces. Stooping, bending downward
and forward by bending the spine at the waist; kneeling bending a
the knees to come to rest on single or both knees; crouching
bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine;
crawling, moving about on hands, knees and feet; reaching,
extending hands and arms in any direction.
- Standing for sustained periods of time; moving about on foot to
accomplish tasks particularly for long distances.
- Pushing, the use of upper extremities to press against
something with steady force in order to thrust in forward, downward
or outward; pulling, using upper extremities to exert force in
order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in sustained motion;
lifting, to raise objects from a lower to a higher position, moving
objects horizontally from position to position; fingering, to pick,
pinch, or otherwise work, with the fingers rather than with the
whole hand or arm as in handling; grasping, apply pressure to an
object with fingers and palm; feeling, perceiving attributes of
object such as size, shape, temperature and texture by touching the
skin, particularly with finger tips.
- Substantial repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, fingers, or
other body parts.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken
word accurately and sometimes loudly.
- Hearing: Receiving the nature of sounds with no less than 40db
loss @ Hz 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz with or without correction. Ability
to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to
make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine
adjustments on machined parts.
- Work is considered to be vary heavy, and requires exerting in
excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or in excess of 20
pounds of force constantly to move objects in a manner of force,
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move said objects.
- Work is subjected to environmental conditions inside and
outside of the building where temperatures below 40 degrees for
periods of more than an hour can be found and above 100 degrees for
period of more than hour can be found.
- Work is subject to noise sufficient to cause the worker to
shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. Worker is
also subject to vibration and exposure of oscillating movements of
the extremities or the whole body. Worker is subject to hazards
including a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to
moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding
in high places and exposure to high heat and exposure to
- Worker is also subjected to one or more of the following
conditions which may affect the respiratory system or skin may
include fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The workers skin and breathing air may also be exposed to oils
and other fluids.
- Visual Acuity: Work requires the visual acuity to inspect and
analyze the operation of machines, including inspections, using
measurement devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at distances
close to the eyes. Also required for dealing with machines such
lathes, drill presses, power saws and milling equipment where
seeing a job is with arms reach. Requirements High School degree or
equivalent required. -This is an entry level position. No
experience necessary. We will train the right candidate Benefits
Keywords: Houston Behavioral Healthcare Hospital, Houston , Maintenance Technician Weekends PRN, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...