Texas Transportation Group Leader
Company: Baxter & Woodman
Posted on: November 18, 2023
POSITION: Texas Transportation Group Leader
POSITION LOCATION: Houston or Katy, TX
Summary: Experienced professionals and recent graduates alike
encounter more than just a job at Baxter & Woodman they discover a
lasting, rewarding career with a recognized leader in technology
and innovation. Baxter & Woodman offers an exceptional work
environment. Named a 2023 Zweig Best Firms To Work For means we
appreciate and value our staff, providing them with a comprehensive
benefits package that includes flexible work schedules, an
outstanding 401K match, and more.
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Transportation
Group Leader in our Houston or Katy, TX, offices. Baxter & Woodman
has an established transportation engineering business in the
Midwest and is looking to grow this business in our Houston office.
This position will work with staff in our Houston and Katy, TX,
offices to develop and grow transportation work with new and
existing municipal and County clients. Typical responsibilities
include leading the Texas Transportation Group while also assisting
with business development and marketing efforts across all work
disciplines and identifying and pursuing areas of company growth in
- Lead Texas Transportation Group.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities across all work
disciplines within Texas.
- Be responsible to client managers/technical staff regarding
pursuit of business development and marketing opportunities in
- Assist other work discipline practice leads with business
development based on existing relationships.
- Work with the B&W leadership team and Human Resources on
staffing needs, utilization, hiring, and training needs.
- Make frequent contact with clients in surrounding areas,
respond directly to client requests when appropriate, and forward
requests to responsible managers as needed.
- Monitor client satisfaction and ensure that their requests are
- Help prepare project-specific proposals and participate in
- Sell work within region and outside of region - lead formal
- Engage prospective clients, understand their issues, and
identify opportunities to support these clients.
- Ensure Client Managers make frequent client contact.
- Monitor Transportation Texas Group billings and marketing
- Complete or participate in the design of civil engineering
projects when necessary.
- Provide training and mentoring of engineering design staff.
- Bachelors degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.
- 20 or more years of experience in the design and project
management of transportation, structural, stormwater, or general
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from other managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, computer, and organizational
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Baxter & Woodman, Inc. is an equal opportunity - affirmative action
Keywords: Baxter & Woodman, Houston , Texas Transportation Group Leader, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!