Project Estimator / Senior Project Estimator
Company: Talascend, LLC
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Talascend is currently seeking a Project Estimator/Senior Project
Estimator for a contract opportunity inHouston, TX DESCRIPTION:
Prepares, presents and reviews for tanks scopes that support our
Energy global business unit. Scope of these tanks would entail
overall capital cost estimates for field erected LNG tanks, NH3
tanks, Pressurized speheres, and the various flat bottom tanks.
Overall tank scope project and discipline specific estimates
covering all equipment, bulk materials and the like. Responsible to
support all aspects for tanks estimating while developing large
scale (multi-million $) lump sum turnkey and cost reimbursable
project estimates, ranging from initial conceptual estimates,
detailed estimates to detailed forecasts for projects in execution.
Conducts cost, schedule, and risk analysis and a full range of
estimate planning, coordination and consolidation. Exercises
leadership via influence on a wide range of project and proposal
team members. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated management, guidance, leadership and teamwork as a
lead senior project estimator.
- Ability to support the development of estimates from inception
to completion, including developing an achievable estimate
execution plan, inclusive of budget, and coordinating the
estimating team in executing the estimate.
- Experience consolidating the estimate components and preparing
the proposal cost volume and bid forms.
- Expertise to ensure estimate quality and integrity, including
incorporation of our lessons learned into the estimate.
- A track record of collaborating to develop proposal strategies
with the project manager or proposal manager and joint venture
partners, as applicable.
- Skilled in developing full basis of estimate with appropriate
qualifications, assumptions, clarifications documentation.
- Comfortable in all manner of communication, including technical
- Demonstrated ability to establish the conceptual scopes for
estimates and studies when definition is not available; applies
experience and expert judgment to compensate for undefined
- Experienced with bid evaluations of cost and schedule criteria.
May participate in discussions with vendors and clients
- Effectively present review packages, including analysis, to
estimate team, department management, business line management, and
senior executives. Facilitates scheduling of internal
- Ability to develop escalation forecasts and analysis.
Understand and recommend escalation models based on current market
- Ability to assess cost rates and installation rates against
historical and current proposal benchmarks and metrics and
ascertain their reasonability against the current estimate and/or
- Experience identifying risks and participating in mitigation
planning; experience analyzing the uncertainties associated with
productivity, material pricing, wage rates and quantity
- Ability to collect, reconcile, and verify estimate data for
- An understanding of unit rates of installation for
construction, and their application in preparing job hour estimates
for bulk commodities and major equipment
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to assess
estimates and compare with historical performance on
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction
functions customarily acquired through extensive experience in the
- Experience using standard software applications such as
Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and PowerBI to analyze
and present estimating and project performance data.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or
- At least fifteen plus years of experience in estimating for
engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) projects in the
Energy, Oil & Gas industry.
- Heavyexperience and have supported development in lump sum
(competitive and open book) proposal estimates.
- Master's degree in engineering or construction.
- 15 to 20 years of experience in tank estimating.
- Previous experience with estimating software (BETK).
- Experience preparing EPC estimates for projects for domestic
and global/worldwide locations
Keywords: Talascend, LLC, Houston , Project Estimator / Senior Project Estimator, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!