Commercial Construction Site Carpenter
Company: HITT Contracting
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Every day, our team members do amazing things in pursuit of our
shared purpose to build trust with our clients, partners,
subcontractors, and teammates. No matter your background,
education, or career path, if you share our vision to create
extraordinary experiences, you belong at HITT.
Commercial Construction Site CarpenterJob Description: -Commercial
Construction Site CarpenterA Carpenter performs miscellaneous,
skilled carpentry work for the full range of rough and finished
carpentry at varying commercial construction projects (to include
tenant improvement, base building, specialty, and new construction
projects) within Houston, Texas and surrounding area while always
being focused on safety and quality. - Carpenters are well-rounded
and have an extensive understanding of all trades and tools and
must be able to perform tasks independently with minimal
instruction. - They are passionate about construction, have a
strong work ethic and are proud, diligent, proactive, and committed
to producing quality results by the end of each day. - A Carpenter
must be available for both day, night, and overtime work, and able
to perform continuous physical labor both inside or outside at
varying heights (to include using fall protection and harnesses) in
varying weather conditions.
This position will report directly to HITT's onsite superintendent
or site operations leader and will be in daily contact with
multiple subcontractors and HITT team members and may potentially
have daily or frequent contact with clients and their team members.
- Onsite protocols will be adhered to and dictated by contract,
client, building, and safety requirements.
A Carpenter's requirements and responsibilities will be determined
by the needs of the job each day and type of project being
constructed, but typically involves the repetitive use of one's
hands and tools, heavy lifting of objects, bending, kneeling,
walking, and standing for extended periods of time. This position
is expected to operate a variety of hand and power tools and may
operate heavy machinery or powered industrial equipment with proper
instruction and certification. -Duties, tasks, responsibilities,
and activities may change at any time with or without notice and
exist outside of typical assignments. - This position has no
supervisory responsibilities but may be asked to coordinate labor
crews or train and educate laborers as they learn basic carpentry
- Performs miscellaneous, skilled carpentry work as directed for
the full range of rough and finished carpentry on commercial
construction projects; performs physical work onsite.
- Understands rough to advanced carpentry knowledge & uses
appropriate tools, materials, and methods to perform tasks.
- Understands basic doors, frames, and hardware (DFH) knowledge
and installs/modifies as appropriate.
- Installs floor, wall, window, bathroom, and freight elevator
protection and signage.
- Reads and applies hardware schedules.
- Prioritizes and manages time vs. job completion.
- Performs complex math and complex problem solving.
- Reads and marks measuring tape and material for cutting and
- Reads and interprets drawings, plans, and sketches and
builds/completes scope as displayed.
- Performs layout work.
- Frames walls or aligns, straightens, plumbs, and squares
- Frames windows and doors.
- Cuts, hangs, patches, and repairs drywall for various
applications or installs (walls & ceilings).
- Finishes drywall.
- Cuts and installs millwork (trim, cabinetry, etc.).
- Cuts and installs louvers and access panels.
- Builds, installs, and maintains permanent and temporary stairs,
ramps and decks, fencing and gates, roofs, trusses, rafters,
joists, and jacks.
- Installs and removes ceiling grid and tiles.
- Builds and installs handrails and safety handrails.
- Installs bathroom accessories and partitions.
- Installs, removes, and repairs floor tile, carpet square, and
- Installs, removes, and repairs cove and wall base.
- Installs appliances and trim kits.
- Hangs and installs material and equipment on walls/floors
(blocking for TVs, TVs melamine/glass markerboards, shelving,
cabinets, bike racks, bollards, lockers, etc.)
- Cuts or drills holes in laminate/stone/marble countertops.
- Chips concrete or mixes, pours, and smooths concrete for core
holes or various applications.
- Builds concrete forms.
- Performs masonry work.
- Applies and smooths or removes caulk and weatherproofing
- Applies paint to surfaces to include wood, metal, walls,
sidewalks, curbs, etc.
- Sets up and maintains office trailers, furniture, and
- Erects and disassembles ladders, scaffolding, barriers,
- Loads and unloads trucks, and carries material up to 75 pounds
and 150 pounds with help.
- Picks up and organizes tools and equipment and secures job site
each day to eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Provides a general cleanup of jobsite after work has been
- Performs laborer or miscellaneous tasks, as needed or
- Provides direction, training and education for labor crews,
subcontractors, and other team members.HITT Contracting, Inc. is
committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity and any other protected status in accordance with
applicable law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities,
veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply. HITT
Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: HITT Contracting, Houston , Commercial Construction Site Carpenter, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!