Company: Powell Industries
Location: Galena Park
Posted on: November 18, 2023
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to be a part of
our growing Powell Automation Division (PAD). This exciting
position allows the ability to not only grow professionally but
also fuel the future presence of PAD in the automation space! As a
member of PAD you will work and collaborate with diverse
professionals to apply innovative and creative solutions to solve
problems for our clients. Key responsibilities include testing,
maintaining, and supporting automation solutions as well as being a
subject matter expert (SME) of Powlsmart intelligent products for
MV/LV switchgear applications.
AS A PAD AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN YOU WILL:
- Become proficient in PAD solutions and offerings
- Become a SME in Powlsmart products/technologies used to provide
thermal monitoring of electrical equipment, circuit breaker
monitoring, partial discharge, and circuit breaker onboard
- Opportunity to deploy automation solutions using various
manufactures such as SEL, GE, Siemens and Beckwith.
- Become conversant in various software systems such as
WonderWare InTouch, Allen Bradley Factory Talk, Copa-Data Zenon,
SEL AcSELerator software package for relay, HMI and RTU
- Become conversant in common industrial communication protocols
such as Modbus TCP/IP, IEC61850, and DNP 3.0.
- Opportunity to assist Automation Engineers with the deployment
Automatic Transfer Schemes, protection relays, and control systems
used to monitor and control electrical system.
- Participate in and develop documentation for factory and
on-site acceptance testing (FAT and SAT respectively), as well as
perform start-up and commissioning activities as required
- Ensure that the company's Health, Safety & Environmental
policies and procedures are constantly adhered to all aspects of
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external
stakeholders, including after sales support.
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
technical certification from an accredited institution with two
(2+) plus years of experience or five (5+) plus years of relevant
industry work experience.
- General knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Automation and Control systems
- Power Systems
- Protective Relaying
- Previous experience in automation, PLC control systems, or
protective relaying a plus
- Working knowledge of advanced electrical industry manufacturing
standards & electrical systems, working knowledge of both factory
testing standards and NETA MTS & ATS standards
- The ability to meet the expectation of both internal and
external customer, clients and suppliers through a sound
understanding of their requirements, being responsive to their
needs and exceeding their requirements.
- The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible
approach to planning, prioritizing and organizing tasks and
activities to meet deadlines and targets.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills including
the ability the use varied approaches and consideration all
relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking
- Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to
maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results
- To execute the work in the most cost-effective manner and
provide the best possible commercial return.
- Able to work effectively in a team setting or independently,
adapt to change, self-motivated, innovative, and willing to make a
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Experience in producing technical documentation and technical
- Willingness to travel locally at least 10% to 15%
- Must have reliable transportation
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to continuous standing, walking 50-300-foot distances
for and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to maintain body equilibrium and agility to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and
extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner
- Able to frequently look over shoulders, work with both arms
above shoulders and use both arms at full length frequently.
In our 70+ year history, Powell has always known that our employees
are at the heart of our success. Without question, we have the most
talented people in all parts of our organization. As a
manufacturer, we recruit and hire experienced and knowledgeable
applicants to ensure our product is engineered, fabricated and
assembled to customer specifications!
Powered by Innovation - Powell's culture has and will always be
founded in our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do
it. Become a part of our story, and let us help you write yours.
Hard work pays off in all of our teams, with opportunity for
advancement and promotion without sacrificing work-life balance.
Successful candidates must have a legal authorization to work in
the United States on a full-time basis, with only those candidates
selected for interview contacted.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
If you need an accommodation in the hiring process, you may contact
. Application status inquiries will not be accepted in this
Keywords: Powell Industries, Houston , Automation Technician, Professions , Galena Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!