Company: Powell Industries
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Powell is an engineered to order manufacturer of switchgear. We
are hiring a Maintenance Technician in Southeast Houston for our
1st shift. Schedule: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm. As a Maintenance
Technician, you will be responsible for the troubleshooting and
repair of manufacturing equipment, both automated and manual.
Responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing
equipment, both automated and manual.
This equipment includes machines such as:
- CNC Laser Cutting and CNC Turret Punch Press equipment.
- Robotic Welding equipment.
- Automated Material Handling equipment.
- Automated Powder Coat Painting Equipment.
In addition to production equipment, you will be responsible for
maintaining Facilities equipment and systems such as HVAC
equipment, electrical systems and various mechanical devices used
throughout the facility.
Daily responsibilities will include emergency and preventative
maintenance on any machine or system in the facility and assisting
production and manufacturing engineers with process and machinery
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
You must be an organized, self-starter with above average problem
solving ability. Also, you must be able to work alone and
unsupervised while under intense pressure from Production
customers. Most importantly, you must be able to work as part of a
multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team while achieving your highest
- 2-4 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance group.
- Minimum of 75 classroom study hours or seminar training in core
training fields such as Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical,
Welding, Machine Tools, and/or Troubleshooting.
- Experience with CNC control systems.
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
schematics, and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality system.
- Experience with PCs and Windows software.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written
- Temperature controlled warehouse and manufacturing plant,
outside activities are required will be exposed to hot & cold
weather climate conditions
- This position may be required to work
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling
when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and
extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive
- Standing and walking for long periods of time, up to an entire
- Ability to bend and lift heavy materials 60+ lbs. repeatedly
throughout a single workday
- Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers
Posted position does not provide visa sponsorship or
In our 70+ year history, Powell has always known that our employees
are at the heart of our success. Without question, we have the most
talented people in all parts of our organization. As a
manufacturer, we recruit and hire experienced and knowledgeable
applicants to ensure our product is engineered, fabricated and
assembled to customer specifications!
Powered by Innovation - Powell's culture has and will always be
founded in our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do
it. Become a part of our story, and let us help you write yours.
Hard work pays off in all of our teams, with opportunity for
advancement and promotion without sacrificing work-life balance.
Successful candidates must have a legal authorization to work in
the United States on a full-time basis, with only those candidates
selected for interview contacted.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
If you need an accommodation in the hiring process, you may contact
. Application status inquiries will not be accepted in this
Keywords: Powell Industries, Houston , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Bellaire, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!