Plant Health & Safety Manager
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Requisition ID: 119273
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the position
The Plant Health & Safety Manager leads plant safety in developing
& implementing strategies & management systems to promote a safety
culture where "No One Gets Hurt". It achieves & maintains
compliance with government, corporate & legal requirements. Drives
culture through programs that engage associates. (RIA, Target
- Develop & implement business plans, strategies, goals, systems
& programs to minimize or eliminate accidents, prevent ergonomic
injuries & eliminate industrial health exposure risks.
- Provide plant expertise on safety & health, develop & maintain
programs to assure compliance with regulatory requirements &
- Conduct plant self-audits, prepare & implement corrective
action plans to achieve compliance. Establish & maintain
comprehensive industrial health & safety records to demonstrate
improvement in safety performance.
- Prepare safety & health awareness, education & training
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, Required
- Bachelor's in safety or industrial hygiene; Master's Degree;
CSP certified Desired
- Minimum 5 years safety experience in a manufacturing
- Management or staff position in a mid-size &/or moderately
complex manufacturing environment with knowledge of safety
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations & state of the art safety
practices & of governmental practices & policies.
- Knowledge of audit learning practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively & present information, both
verbally & written. Ability to sell ideas.
- Ability to develop, organize & direct programs.
- Knowledge of governmental practices & policies. Ability to
influence workers & unions if applicable.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Houston , Plant Health & Safety Manager, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!