Global Inventory Planner
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for planning and coordinating the global inventory
settings and levels for dedicated business segments in line with
agreed and defined strategy. Interact with operational management
and relevant stakeholders to ensure demand are planned for and
fulfilled and that inventory are cost effectively utilized
globally. Develop planning strategies for specific critical
commodities and ensure alignment in organization on the planning
strategy. Manage SCM interface with IT on developing strong IT and
data solutions, including data dashboards and other management
information. Provide leadership and guidance to regional SCM
- Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment,
working both virtually and in office when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages inventory strategy and inventory planning activity to
meet agreed service level and operational needs.
- Coordinates with operational management and stakeholders to
understand the business needs and align inventory strategy.
- Ensure strong processes for material forecasting and
utilization of all available datapoints in planning
- Cooperate with local SCM groups to ensure alignment, common
understand and the regional needs.
- Act as a team member in the Global Inventory Planning Group,
take responsibility for specific regions and global
- Develop planning strategies in alignment with operation, for
- Analyzes demand requirements to identify operational,
production and supply bottlenecks and recommends actions for
resolution, including establishing and maintaining data.
- Directs production planning to ensure on time availability of
products to fill customer orders and on time shipments.
- Coordinates with Purchasing and updates requirements for
purchased good and materials.
- Evaluates and recommends actions to improve on time delivery
performance to the internal and external customer.
- Coordinate IT improvement initiatives, from a SCM customer
- Develop technical specifications for IT improvement and
development projects, related to SCM and Manufacturing
- Lead, participate and implement various improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or Supply Chain
Management with emphasis in supply chain/business/quantitative
- Minimum 7 years of experience with ERP and MRP systems.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with mass data and
- Minimum o f 5 years scheduling in a complex fabrication and
assembly environment with meaningful scale supply chain management,
manufacturing, or master planning-scheduling or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Professional Certification for Planning, Production and Supply
- Knowledge of MS Office and PeopleSoft ERP System is a
- Ability to work with cross-cultural organizations and
- Strong demonstrated critical thinking and logic skills with
proven track record of success in a complex production and assembly
- Proven project leadership and team participation skills.
- Direct experience with a Supply and Demand environment
including forecasts, receipt and deliver processes, inventory
reports, accuracy validation procedures, cycle counts, and audit
procedures is preferred .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to
ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating
with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations,
business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture,
philosophy, operating principles, and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and acts before being asked or
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Houston , Global Inventory Planner, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!