Tirefill Technician Houston, TX (Entry and Experienced)
Company: Michelin North America
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Tirefill Technician Houston, TX (Entry and Experienced) Michelin
is hiring! - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Overall Function
- Services customer product as specified on the customer
- Works with the highest regard for personal safety and the
safety of others.
- Assumes full ownership of position function, with understanding
of role in relation to the success of the Service Center.
- Provides valued input and observations for customer service and
business operational improvement.
- Continuously improves on the knowledge of products and
- Direction will be provided by the Service Manager.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and
- Dismounts and mounts solid and pneumatic tires as specified by
the customer order.
- Presses tires as specified by the customer order.
- Fills each tire with required quantity and type of chemical
and/or substance as noted by the manufacturer's
- Removes and processes cured urethane fill.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling, cleaning or
replacing consumable parts.
- Effective time management capability in order to service
- Performs preventive maintenance and ensure cleanliness of all
equipment including service vehicles.
- Ensures tools and servicing equipment are kept clean and
operational at all times.
- Maintains proper inventory levels for production.
- Assists other personnel in stacking, marking, packing and
transport of the finished product.
- Supports warehouse team by filling orders and unloading
shipments as required.
- Follows company procedures and supervisor's instructions.
- Reports to the Service Manager immediately:
- Accidents or concerns about safety or potential hazards
- Material that does not meet quality standards
- Equipment that requires maintenance
- Completes required documentation through use of current
- Requires an individual who works independently and can follow
accurate, specific and technical instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Preferred language of English, with Spanish being beneficial in
specific markets. (Ability to converse with the public, understand
highway & traffic signs and respond to official inquiries).
- Previous experience in an industrial environment and/or
mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) software
- Exhibit strong attention to detail, initiative, critical
thinking, and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, both
internal and external, on a professional level regarding product
and business operations.
- Punctual, reliable, and willing to work overtime as
- Required Training
- Knowledge of product and services
- Tire Mounting/Dismounting Procedures
- Customer Service
- Safety Training
- Manufacturer Tire Fill Training
- Annual Compliance Training
- Company policies and procedures
- Equipment Operation (if no previous experience, training will
be provided as required)
- Stationary Press Equipment
- Urethane Fill Equipment
- Forklift Operation/Certification
- Hand & Power Tools
- Tire Mounting Machine
- Work Conditions
- Tobacco-free environment, including alternatives (vaping).
- Normal hazards associated with driving.
- Exposure to various noises and hot/cold conditions
- Periodically exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Prolonged standing.
- Lifting product of weights up to 75 pounds.
- Lift-assist available for weights exceeding 75 pounds.
- Intermittent bending, crouching, squatting and reaching
movements. Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today! As the leading
mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires
to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients'
mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the
most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers'
needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help
enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing
our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology
materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of
industries-from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville,
South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000
employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United
States and Canada. MICHELIN tires have been ranked the #1 Tire
Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and
consumers alike. For nearly three decades we've been recognized for
our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability,
Technology and Innovation. Michelin cares for the personal and
professional development of its employees. We support career
advancement through various options, which include: skill and
career development, training, career exploration and work with
cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and
fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions
are valued. Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs)
which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who
have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions.
Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with
meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help
employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement
and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide
cross-cultural support, career management resources and
opportunities for community involvement. Michelin provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family
medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other
non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations,
Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and
applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious
beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a disability, please contact us at
email@example.com. This position is not available for
immigration sponsorship. Get in the driver's seat and be on your
way to a meaningful professional journey!
Keywords: Michelin North America, Houston , Tirefill Technician Houston, TX (Entry and Experienced), Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!