Senior Construction Estimator
Company: Remedial Construction Services, L.P. (RECON)
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Position Summary: The Senior Construction Estimator is responsible for preparing and coordinating the preparation of full estimates on complex projects as required by client documents and provide complete conceptual and total bid price for environmental remediation, geotechnical construction, decommissioning & demolition (D&D) and coal combustion residuals (CCR) projects. In This Role, You Will:
- Analyze Requests for Proposals (RFPs), plans and amendments to determine scope of work and content to establish costs, preparation time, schedules, materials, and labor estimates as well as reviewing all documentation for accuracy and competitive bid information
- Prepare and review estimates and revisions completely and accurately
- Review construction documents, understand the scope of work to bid, and breakdown the scope of work into definable tasks
- Prepare and review take-offs from construction documents
- Prepare cost analysis for materials, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Develop estimates ranging from Rough Order Magnitude (ROM), budgetary, time and material, cost reimbursable, lump sum and unit pricing estimates for soil and earthwork projects
- Work in tandem with project managers, engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors to promote understanding of the scope-of-work, changes, potential Requests for Information (RFIs) and adjustments to cost estimates prior to proposal submission to formulate accurate estimates, resolve problems and mitigate risk What We Require:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of construction estimating experience on environmental remediation, geotechnical construction, decommissioning & demolition and coal combustion residuals construction projects
- Previous Operations or Project Management experience within the construction industry is a plus
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Sciences or equivalent related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Adobe Acrobat as well as experience creating estimates using related estimating software package required
- Experience using Primavera (P6) and Autocad is a plus
- Must be self-motivated, able to work effectively with little or no direct supervision to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Position could be located in the corporate office in Houston, or in one of the regional offices (Irvine, CA; Erlanger, KY or Wayne, PA)
- Requires some travel (10%) as needed to site walks and client meetings related to project work as assigned The RECON team is passionate about service, innovation and collaboration. We constantly strive to improve ourselves, so we can better serve our clients. We offer benefits to RECON employees, eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K, casual dress code and work environment, and more. RECON prohibits discrimination, harassment of any type, and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RECON conforms to the spirit, as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug screening and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.
Keywords: Remedial Construction Services, L.P. (RECON), Houston , Senior Construction Estimator, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!