Principal Enterprise Information Security Analyst
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity: Job Description: At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career. Responsible for assuring Information Security and identifying risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information and the systems and processes used for those purposes. Assists in identifying, analyzing, and influencing the management of information risks across the business organizations. Responsibilities
- Serves as a vulnerability analyst responsible for analyzing vulnerabilities, recommending corrective actions, and summarizing results for relevant reporting.
- Identifies critical areas of potential Information Security risks and opportunities within Discover's business processes and associated systems.
- Reframes the way business partners view Information Security in their business and promotes it as a value proposition.
- Creates and facilitates constructive discussions and healthy debate with business partners on critical decisions.
- Provides alternative options to business partners by translating emerging IT and business trends into risks and opportunities.
- Builds constructive and collaborative partnerships/relationships across the businesses and functions.
- Identifies inherent Information Security risks resulting from business operations.
- Primary point of contact between Information Security and a business unit. Skills: Minimum Qualifications At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Information Security, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Information Security, IT security, Financial Services Industry, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Information Security, IT security, Financial Services, or related field Preferred Qualifications If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Information Security, IT security Financial Services Industry, or related field
- Information Security professional certification What are you waiting for? Apply today! And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
Keywords: Discover, Houston , Principal Enterprise Information Security Analyst, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!