Outside Sales Representative
Company: K&P Construction
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Outside Sales Representative
About K&P Commercial Contractors, LLC
In 1983, - the founders of K&P Commercial Contractors, Gary
Knapp, and Doug Pung, built our company with just 3 employees
working on small retail renovation projects. Their dedication to
our company and their passion for construction has allowed K&P
Commercial Contractors to continuously expand nationwide
specializing in hospitality, oil & gas, distribution, and retail
37 years later K&P now employs over 20 professionals in
Finance, Estimating, Project Management, Solicitation, Human
Resources, etc. and is continuing to expand. Throughout our growth
K&P has remained devoted to providing quality, experience,
value, pride, integrity and reliability to every client, project,
K&P Construction is looking for a highly motivated, innovative,
Outside Sales Representative to join our team. This role is
intended to include base salary plus commission and bonuses.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of building relationships in
commercial construction and 5+ years of business development
experience with an established network, and with a proven track
record in both.
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for developing new
business opportunities and managing relationships with clients,
project managers, and estimators. This role is responsible for
identification and development of sales leads, assisting in
acquiring new business, supporting marketing and sales
campaigns/events, as well as developing new proposals and
Responsibilities and Duties :
- - - - - - - - -The Outside Sales Representative will be
responsible for new business sales and growth that is consistent
with the company's overall strategy in multiple regions.
- - - - - - - - -The Outside Sales Representative will work with
Operations, Pre-Construction, Project Management, and other
departments to achieve these goals.
- - - - - - - - -Continually identify, build, and develop new
client business within a vertical market by pursuing business
opportunities with strategic targets in key industries to generate
new business opportunities achieving volume and gross profits
goals. Deliver compelling calls and presentations to introduce
construction capabilities and value proposition.
- - - - - - - - -Cultivate relationships with existing clients.
- - - - - - - - -Negotiates and communicates complex
concepts/business strategies to a variety of audiences.
- - - - - - - - -Identify and evaluate current market conditions,
new markets, partnership opportunities, competition and establish
relationships through direct prospecting, networking, attendance
and participation with various industry and professional groups and
- - - - - - - - -Oversees all aspects of the sales process within
the vertical market, including development of opportunity-specific
sales strategy, selection of relevant development teams and leading
the entire sales process until the final close of the construction
- - - - - - - - -Define, test, refine and implement strategic plans
to successfully achieve opportunities within the vertical market
segment. This will include primary research, industry, market and
competitive analysis, customer needs assessment and
pre-qualification for fit. Ensure strategic objectives of the
vertical market segment are well understood and executed by the
assigned development team.
- - - - - - - - -Provides expertise and direction for the
day-to-day management of proposals and bid packages in the
development pipeline. Provides client specific opportunity
assessment, market evaluation, market research, financial
evaluation, and other marketing needs required throughout the
proposal preparation and delivery process. Incorporates customer
needs and input/feedback from both internal and external
- - - - - - - - -Partners in conjunction with the marketing team to
create effective marketing strategies to win in the marketplace,
including market segmentation, value proposition development,
technology positioning, pricing strategy, branding strategy,
channel strategy and communications strategy development.
- - - - - - - - -Motivates others and provides leadership to
accomplish team goals without having direct authority over team
- - - - - - - - - Teamwork -- Balances team and individual
responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others'
views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a
positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests;
Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- - - - - - - - - Customer Service -- Manages difficult or
emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs;
Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests
for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- - - - - - - - - Interpersonal Skills -- Focuses on solving
conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others
without interrupting, keeps emotions under control; Remains open to
others' ideas and tries new things.
- - - - - - - - - Oral Communication -- Speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets
clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group
presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- - - - - - - - - Written Communication -- Writes clearly and
informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing
style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to
read and interpret written information.
- - - - - - - - - Planning/Organizing -- Prioritizes and plans work
activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources;
Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops
realistic action plans.
- - - - - - - - - Professionalism -- Approaches others in a tactful
manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and
consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts
responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- - - - - - - - - Quality -- Demonstrates accuracy and
thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to
- - - - - - - - - Quantity -- Meets productivity standards;
Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity;
- - - - - - - - - Safety and Security -- Observes safety and
security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond
guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment
and materials properly.
- - - - - - - - - Adaptability -- Adapts to changes in the work
environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent
change, delays, or unexpected events.
- - - - - - - - - Attendance/Punctuality -- Is consistently at work
and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- - - - - - - - - Dependability -- Follows instructions, responds
to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions;
Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to
reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate
person with an alternate plan.
- - - - - - - - - Initiative -- Volunteers readily; Undertakes
self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities;
Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes
advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when
- - - - - - - - -Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing,
Economics, or related discipline required.
- - - - - - - - -3-5 years of building relationships in commercial
construction and 3-7 years of business development experience with
an established network, and with a proven track record in both.
- - - - - - - - -Demonstrated experience leading complex sales
processes that involve multiple team members and multiple decision
makers (primarily C-suite decision makers).
- - - - - - - - -Demonstrated network of COI's (Centers of
Influence) to include general contractors, hotel management
companies, developers, owners, capital markets, owner
representatives, architects, engineers, and other professional
services relationships that could be leveraged to create business
- - - - - - - - -Demonstrated ability to successfully expand new
business and grow existing business within a vertical market.
- - - - - - - - -Demonstrated knowledge of construction practices,
RFP response preparation, team presentation preparation and
execution, pricing, estimating, pre-construction and fee
- - - - - - - - -Engaging and highly effective interpersonal,
communication and presentation skills that cultivate and grow
lasting business relationships both internally and externally.
- - - - - - - - -Highly collaborative leadership style with the
ability to respond quickly and effectively to ever-changing
situations. Must possess the ability to coach, mentor and lead a
diverse staff to deliver best in class services to our clients.
- - - - - - - - -Exhibit strong business acumen, skills and
maturity and the ability to work effectively with others.
- - - - - - - - -Highly developed organizational and planning
skills, time management skills and written/oral communications
skills with the ability to communicate to a variety of
- - - - - - - - -Proven ability building strategic marketing
programs/concept, and establishing profitable relationships with
Senior Executives and decision makers at companies and
- - - - - - - - -Proficient in CRM Software, Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, and Adobe Acrobat.
- - - - - - - - -Ability to travel as needed.
Keywords: K&P Construction, Houston , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!