Senior Sales Executive for Latin American and Diplomat Travel (Spanish Fluency Required)
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Posting Date Apr 29, 2022
Job Number 22069902
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Westin Galleria Houston, 5060 West Alabama, Houston,
Texas, United States
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our
guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities,
and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling
better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be
disruptive to our guests' well-being, and we're energized to assist
as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it
all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests
be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude,
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist
them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who
are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation
to give a helping hand. If you're someone who has is positive,
adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the
well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at
Westin, together we can rise.
Acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the
pre-defined peak room parameters for Property Sales. Contracts and
closes group business in addition to conducting site inspections.
Verifies business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion
for quality service delivery. Achieves group revenue goals by
actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue
opportunity. Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable
brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives
customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and
marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or
related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or
related professional area.
- Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Achieves group revenue goals by responding to incoming
group/catering opportunities for the property that are within the
pre-defined peak room parameters.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors' strengths
and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows
how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market
conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close
on business and negotiate contracts.
- Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each
business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
- Partners with Area Sales to identify new group/catering
business and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Acts as the on-property liaison for group events over the Group
Sales peak room parameters of the Sales Office.
- Develops group sales revenue and operation budgets, and
provides forecasting reports.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a group
sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers, and market.
- Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of
group sales promotions.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group
needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting
facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, and
- Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event
- Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and
hotel's Brand Standards.
- Conducts site inspections, as required.
- Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue
and control hotel occupancy.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business
booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand
(e.g.,., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service
Basics, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the
Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or TownePlace Suites Morning
- Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from
sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering
high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as
a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel
issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate
- Verifies successful performance by increasing revenues,
controlling expenses, and providing a return on investment for the
owner and Marriott International.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new
customers to enable future bookings through sales calls,
entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and
expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.,
Group Sales within the Sales Office, Area Sales, EST) to verify the
property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are
complementary, not duplicative.
- Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a
customer experience that exceeds the customer's expectations.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer
satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying
their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand
initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and
recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet
their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a
relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer
and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding
their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better
business solution both prior to, and during, the program/event.
- Spanish Fluency Required
- International travel required to Mexico and other Latin
- Leisure transient focused on international travel specifically
Mexico and emerging Latin markets
- Focused on premium diplomat travel
- Additional focus on premium entertainment markets
- Maintain strong partnership with GHCVB and the Houston Film
CommissionMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an
inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to
non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and
veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, Houston , Senior Sales Executive for Latin American and Diplomat Travel (Spanish Fluency Required), Sales , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!