Veterans Preferred - Inside Sales Representative
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10032580 Inside Sales
Houston, TX - Hempstead - Retail Shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Sells products to walk in customers at branch locations and
responsible for moving material within a warehouse, while adhering
to the facility work rules and while meeting or exceeding the
regular productivity, quality and safety standards. The normal
duties may include unloading, palletizing, receiving, checking,
locating, picking, packing, manifesting or loading, or other
- Oversees and manages the warehouse by verifying accuracy of
incoming and outgoing shipments and orders, loading, and unloading
trucks, and maintain accurate inventory.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's
needs, and emphasizes selling points of articles such as quality
and reliability. Relieves on counter as required and assists in
preparing merchandise for display and for sale.
- Answers customer questions concerning prices and uses of
merchandise. Takes phone and fax orders and verifies for input into
system. Ensures proper, correct pricing.
- Communicates with supervisor and outside sales representatives
on customer orders, requirements, problems or concerns and
- Enters sales data into the computer and researches information
for customers using the computer system.
Are you a MATCH?
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of related product and sales
experience or training.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or
chemical industry preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated proficiency in
utilizing a computer, including data entry and intergraded business
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition,
subtraction, division of all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8
hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping,
feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform very heavy work - routinely lifts 25 - 75
lbs., and occasionally lifts 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing,
kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Houston , Veterans Preferred - Inside Sales Representative, Sales , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!