Senior Revenue Accountant
Company: ARTEMIS Partners of Houston
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Our client, a privately held, independent upstream oil and gas
company, has an exciting new Temp to Hire opportunity for an
experienced and motivated Senior Revenue Accountant with strong
potential for career development.
Duties & Responsibilities
Interacting with third party accounting firm to provide inputs,
review, and/or adjustments for revenue allocation.
Booking revenue and royalty payable for company operated and
outside operated domestic oil and gas leases.
Create monthly plant statements for third and first party
Reconciling accounts receivable balances resulting from revenue
Trend analyses and explanation of large swings in the revenue
Interacting with other departments such as marketing accounting,
production accounting, and the land department in order to ensure
that the proper revenue is recorded each month.
Periodically assisting the owner relations department with
answering questions from 3rd parties.
- File all monthly state and federal royalty reporting (Utah,
Colorado, and ONRR).
- Work with and be responsive to states and ONRR on any audits.
- File yearly state severance taxes in Utah and Colorado.
- Build positive relationships with project managers and other key
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
Strong ONRR knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field. CPA
Certification a plus.
- Excellent fundamental accounting skills; hands on experience with
general ledger reconciliations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet short deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and interact effectively with
others in a team environment
Strong Word and PowerPoint and Excel skills; including Pivot
Tables, performing V-Lookups, and analyzing and interpreting large
volumes of transactional data
- Problem solving and analytical thinking as necessary to
accomplish accounting objectives
Excellent written and oral communication, team player, and sound
Ability to work autonomously to identify problems early and explore
Detail oriented and can see tasks and assignments through to
- 2-4 years experience in oil and gas accounting with industry
knowledge and terminology
- Oil & Gas revenue accounting experience with in-depth knowledge
of royalty reporting and severance taxes
- Excellent working knowledge of Wolfpack and Waterfield
Keywords: ARTEMIS Partners of Houston, Houston , Senior Revenue Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!